life | līf |
1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death: the origins of life.
- living things and their activity: some sort of life existed on Mars | lower forms of life | the ice-cream vendors were the only signs of life.
Short (and long) reads extracted from my personal life.
- Best Foot ForwardIn which my right foot collects superficial injuries.
- Business HoursWhether they are 9–5 or even the more expansive 8–6, it is a challenge at the best of times to arrive at an establishment that keeps so-called “business hours.” Even more so for the hapless resident physician on inpatient service, whose days stretch twelve hours at minimum. Thus, when given the opportunity to leave work…
- ReunionMy heart ached in your absence, Senses longed for you. I imagined what it would be like. At last I saw you, Wearing my shirt. You came to me and held me close. And in that moment, Nothing else mattered: We were together.
- Protected: Resiliency WebThis content is password protected.
- RITE AnswersA test of somewhat less significance.